torstai 17. marraskuuta 2011

... Kate Bush


One of my earliest loves is the mesmerizing, strangely beautiful voice of iconic Kate Bush. She is only singer in the world I´ve ever really considered my idol. Wish I could both sing and look like she did in the age of 17! Actually I have my mother to thank to get to listen to her even before I could talk. I probably wouldn´t like her music this much without the early exposure to it ;)
Oh, and  I have to emphasize her huge influence on the pop music - I mean, who wouldn´t remember her adorably weird dance with the cello in Babooshka, back in the 80s? She was, and still is, the underground Madonna, with million times more talent. And I think she still beats Lady Gaga in peculiarity - watch the Wuthering Heights video! 
 I guess only imperfection in her music is that it has a certain component of some kind of shamanism, which I´m not so keen on. Well, nobody is perfect.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti