keskiviikko 14. joulukuuta 2011

... fashion show

So, I was on this fashion design course and had an assignment to modify an own assortment of evening wear. I was to use unusual, eco-friendly materials such as second hand clothing or an old fishing net and turn them into new clothes. Then I was to exhibit them at the independence day celebration with other pieces by other designers.
After weeks and weeks of stressful organizing and lurking for materials in dumpsters I finally had some pieces to show to the people and, astonishing as it is, some models to wear them, too. I´m thankful for my lovely relatives Veera Ekman and Riikka and Henrik Wikström for making it possible to do an actual fashion show instead of just one outfit worn by me! It was my first show... I wonder if it´ll be my last. 
Let me introduce my collection of evening wear for the spring 2012: Hawaiian rivets. The music I used at the show was a piece from Mew, and is - naturally - called Hawaii.  
  





I´m sorry for not showing all of the outfits from head to toe. The quality of some of the photos is so poor, I think they would not have looked neat. Especially I have to say that Riikka´s outfit is not showing here sufficiently. I´m sorry, Riikka =)
Sunny models at the backstage
In case someone is interested I´m going to tell you now a little about the outfits. 
The story behind my outfit: The velvet body was originally an old frock. I found the fabric for the lower part at a dumpster. The skirt I found as it was in a flea market. I just love the way it suits to my late hair colour ;) The collar I made out of garbage leather and rivets I ripped off from a denim jacket - which I also found at a dumpster. I wanted to make the arms of the body extra long because normally the sleeves are always too short for me. 

I wanted my outfit to be gothic, delicate and colourful.




The story behind Henkkas outfit:
I found the smock in the dumpster and ripped off sleeves.
The trousers I found in a flea market.
I wanted to create a men´s outfit which would not be too dandy but still would have some colour and impish twist. Fortunately Henkka owned suitable accessories, to break the image of an "countryman". It was actually his idea initially, and quite good, too.
The elephant brooch I like so much I think I will use it myself xD It´s made of an old toy.



The story behind Veeras outfit: I found the shirt and the baubles at a dumpster, except the feather earring I made of one I found in the ground in Madeira. The trousers are from a leave-here-box. I wore them also in the update for the date 17.11.2011. I just fringed the shirt and glued pieces of garbage leather on the knees of the trousers.
I think on the show Veera was "the Hawaiian" and others were "the Rivets". Well, nothing wrong with that. Her outfit was the first I created.


Particulars in Riikkas outfit

The collar for my outfit

The story behind Riikkas outfit: I found the frock at a dumpster. I shaped it a little, narrowed the waist and rounded the hem. I made the leather accessories out of an old belt and rivets from the denim jacket.
I like the plainness of Riikkas outfit, as well as the rose details.
A godparent picture was a must :)
I had to put this picture, too, just for the cuteness :D

2 kommenttia:

  1. Näitä on odotettu!! :) ollaanpa me hienoja. Go girl, valloita maailma!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiva kun tykkäät - kesti kyl vähän liian pitkään :p Oli vaan niin kiire. Oon muuten pahoillani, ettet näkynyt kunnolla niis kokokuvissa, ne oli niin tärähtäneitä
    Mut sentään sain jotain kasaan niistä kuvista :)

    VastaaPoista