keskiviikko 6. kesäkuuta 2012

... freedom

I had my graduation party last saturday. Traditionally all graduates will have the graduation cap - a black and white cap with golden lyre - to put on at the ceremony. I however have a habit of not doing things in a specific way just because everyone else does, and so I decided to have an anadem of pink carnations and baby´s-breath instead.
Here are some photos of my l-o-v-e-l-y dress for the party that was unfogettable regardless of the poor weather.
It feels so good to be free from school, at last!













Shoes: Swedish hasbeens for H&M

Dress: Uff

Earrings and bracelets: charity shop
There is a lucky story behind my dress: I found it while I was looking for some denim at Uff of Roobertinkatu. I wasn´t even searching for graduation party dress yet, but when I found it amongst the oversized 60s synthetic fibre smocks Uff usually has to offer, I realized it was just what I had been dreaming of: the colors were fantastic, it suited me perfectly lenghtwise ( I had to narrow it just a little bit though), and it was delightfully sheer. The price was tolerable, 35 euros, concidering the normal Uff price level.
Only thing that bothers me is that I cannot decide whether it is from the 70s, 80s or 90s. The fabric would lead me to the 70s, but I have seen similar design from the 80s and 90s, too.
What would you say? Does anyone know vintage?

Additionally, I would like to put here just couple of pictures about the party.
Putting on the "cap"


Me and Kaisla
Suomeksi kolme asiaa: 1) Jee jee, juhlat ovat nyt ohi ja muistelen niitä lämmöllä, ihmiset olivat ihania!
2) Tämä hameeni saa kyllä nähdä vielä monet muut kekkerit, on se niin täydellinen.
3) Koulu on jo aikaa sitten päättynyt, mutta vielä en ole ihan päässyt aivoineni lomalle... No, ehkä se siitä, vähitellen.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti