torstai 28. kesäkuuta 2012

... Germany

I visited Lindau of Southern Germany shortly with my father previous weekend, when my father had a amateur radio fair at Fiedrichshafen. It was really nice, but now I have to admit I am kind of tired of traveling. Next thursday I have to travel to Germany again, because of the qualification exam for Bachelor of arts, dance education at Folkwang university in Essen. I really don´t feel at all like going! I also don´t feel too confident about my dance skills right now. I´m almost certain I won´t be accepted.
I still have to go and try - to dance is something I just have to do. Even though nobody else would think I should, I know I must. I once read about a successful choreographer who first was not appreciated by the people around her, and felt uncertain about her capability to dance and create movement. Afterwards she wrote:
Anyway, I decided, that no matter what, I wanted do dance. Nobody could stop me, it was my decision.
And she danced.
From one thing to another, here are few (very few!) photos of my trip, which was mostly spent on rented wheels. Our trip took four days, but we still had time to visit not only Germany, but Austria, France and Luxembourg as well... Rather efficient.



Foolish horses near the hotel in Luxembourg

Bleak. So bleak.

On our way back to airport (the River is Mosel).
For these grey pictures and the weather here in Vesivehmaa: some depressing music, there you are.



2 kommenttia:

  1. wow, it looks so beautiful, I long to go there. I am jealous of people who live in Europe and can so easily road trip around there. Where I live it would cost me hundreds of dollars to get there :(

    If what you truly want to do is dance then you should do it! Even if you don't dance like the others, you can have your own style, create your own thing! I think that is brave and wonderful!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you for encouragement! I really need it right now, when preparing for the exam :)
    You are right, it is very handy to live in Europe - travelling from Finland to Germany, for instance, is so much easier than for example from US, quicker and cheaper. But I wouldn´t feel too sorry to live in US either. There is so much to see there, too - the cities, the coasts, the prairie, and lakes, mountains, forests... An endless list.

    VastaaPoista