sunnuntai 8. heinäkuuta 2012

... Dusseldorf

I´m sorry but I can´t find ´u´ with Umlaut from my keyboard. I think it is still quite obvious where I have visited. Two days ago I returned back home, after mostly but not wholly unsuccessful journey, during which I explored two cities in Western Germany, Essen and Dusseldorf. Now I swear I won´t leave Finland for anything for a while. Well, I know we planned to go to Sweden after 10 days. Maybe I have had my time to settle down till that...
I think Essen was a lot like Lahti (not a compliment), the town of my previous upper secondary school. Naturally it had some attractive spots - Kaiser Wilhelm´s park, for instance, was pleasantly spacious and peaceful. Dusseldorf, on the other hand, looked interesting already from the train - there were hilarious graffiti, like huge, realistic monkey head, everywhere on the walls and fences. When I actually got to know it, I liked it even more. There were sharp office blogs but also softer and more ornamented old quarters, and verdant parks in the centre. I liked also Königsallee, despite of its branded shops for the rich and the powerful, and I liked observing the people walking by me there in their shining shoes. I spent some time reading the book "Der Zauberberg", The Magic mountain by Mann, in a lonely outcrop of a park near centre. A perfect moment.






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti